‘Apple a day, keeps the doctor away’, so they say. You could rather modify the statement so as to say “apple cider vinegar a day, keeps the doctor away” as well.
Yes, apple cider has its own medicinal benefits and can be quite the front liner you could have been looking for to address some of your day to day health issues.
Apple Cider Vinegar is an advantageous product and will supplement impressive medicinal benefits for a wider range of issue starting from coughing, to killing bacteria, to facilitating natural weight loss.
Contents & Quick Navigation
- Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- What should you consider when choosing best apple cider vinegar
- Tips on How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
- 5 Popular Brands of Apple Cider Vinegar on The Market
- You may like the articles
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Over the years, not much research has been done on the apple cider vinegar, but sufficient enough to figure out it does truly have weight loss ability on its plate.
While vinegar has been used since so long in the history, people claim vinegar has its own disinfectant natures, which would be incorporated in apple cider vinegar as well.
Now if you are one of those people, on the verge of obesity and quite keen on ensuring you maintain a proper BMI (body Mass Index), and are looking to lose weight, well then, this is a must read for you.
Health Advantages of Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Regulates Blood Sugar Levels. Because it helped significantly improve insulin sensitivity by up to 34 percent in those with either type 2 diabetes or insulin resistance. (Source)
- Enhances Weight Loss. it actually decreased total caloric intake by up to 275 calories over the course of the day (source)
- Apple cider vinegar was able to reduce bad LDL cholesterol while also increasing beneficial HDL cholesterol. (source)
- It reduced levels of blood pressure. So, vinegar effectively blocked the actions of a specific enzyme that raises blood sugar. (source)
- Apple cider vinegar can help increase levels of stomach acid to prevent backflow into the esophagus and reduce symptoms of heartburn.
- Organic raw apple cider vinegar increased immunity and an improved ability to digest and absorb nutrients.
- Apple cider vinegar benefits skin health by killing off strains of acne-causing bacteria include treating acne and reducing scarring.
What should you consider when choosing best apple cider vinegar
I’m sure you have seen hundreds of vinegar apple cider products in the market. While it actually enough to give you a good headache as to what to pick over the other.
Over the course of this article, we’ll take in to account, 5 brands of Apple Cider Vinegar, and we will help you figure out what’s matching for you.
The main constituent of apple cider vinegar is acetic acid (also known as ethanoic acid), and this usually has its characteristic strong odor and a sour taste.
When sourcing for apple cider vinegar for weight loss, or for any health benefit for that matter, a key thing to look for would be the presence of an unfiltered version, so that we have the presence of mother.
Mother is the gloomy, cloudy like material that you will see once you peep in to an ACV bottle. The presence on this, will ensure that this is unfiltered and it is this ‘mother’, that provided majority of the health benefits.
So whenever, you are about to use the solution, just make sure you shake the bottle well, and facilitates the spreading of the mother, over the liquid container, so that you in turn, will intake a mixture of the same.
Vinegar is a mixture of probiotics and bacteria, that would work in enhancing the immune systems, supplement digestion and help lose weight.
Also, your preference may vary based on whether your product is pasteurized or not. Pasteurization process will involve the heating of the cider solution, thus killing the bacteria in it (including some times, the good ones, or in other words, the probiotic bacteria).
No Plastic Bottles
Vinegar is basically an acidic solution, although it is a weak acid, it is still strong enough to react with plastic over time.
Plastic bottles may contain toxic material and any drink in contact with plastic material may have more harm than its benefits.
Some companies might offer BPA free plastic bottles which are generally considered safer to use. However, my personal experience is that you will rarely find plastic bottles certified as BPA free.
Tips on How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Irrespective of the brand of the product you choose, when you are consuming the tonic, be a bit precautious.
- It is suggested to you 1 or 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar, distilled with about 8 ounces of water.
This will ensure the concentration is maintained at a fairly appropriate value and will also ensure your teeth wouldn’t face any unnecessary corrosion, due to the presence on acetic acid.
- To effectively ensure losing weight, use the apple cider vinegar (as mentioned above), 3 times a day, before meal.
Rightful use will ensure weight loss and reduction of body fat percentage (thus, no more lose belly).
So, whenever, you are looking for a brand, a rule of thumb would be to choose one where the container comes in glass and not in plastic 😉
5 Popular Brands of Apple Cider Vinegar on The Market
Please refer below, for the 5 brands, we have picked and we believe will give you an insight or a heads up to what to look for when you want to purchase one.
They all have their own pros and cons, and you may use the same to pick the product that will work wonders for you.
#1 Braggs Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Braggs, the American organic food manufacturer, is probably one of the most sort after, and a leading apple cider brand going around. (Undoubtedly, the market leader for the same)
- Facilitates weight control, and ensure proper digestion
- Rich in potassium and other enzymes.
- Natural clenses facilitates to maintain a health skin with healthy bodies, preserving the youthful nature.
- Just 5 % acidity level
- Kosher certified
- Comes in a glass bottle
- Comes in raw form.
- Possibly the industry leader (has a lengthy history to back them)
- No presence of Genetically Modified Organisms.
- Rich in mother
- Has international shopping
- Product is not technically pasteurized, but goes through a heating process. But you will not be able to make fermented cider at home.
- A bit pricy in comparison.
- Needs to refrigerate after use
#2 Kevala Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Only 5% acidity level
2. Have a comparably high refreshing taste than the rest in the market.
3. No presence of Genetically Modified Organisms.
4. Comes in raw, unfiltered and unpasteurized form.
5. Comes in glass bottles
5. Budget friendly
6. Rich in mother
7. Has international shopping
8. No need to refrigerate
1. Taste may be less strong for some consumers (especially for the ones, more accustomed to the strong vinegar taste).
2. Not certified kosher.
#3 Viva Naturals Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Another known, food manufacturer, this time, a Canadian based company.
- Will not only facilitate the weight loss process, but will also help for improved digestion and to boost immune levels.
- More commonly known in the industry as best apple cider vinegar to ‘Drink’. This is because of the identical sweeter taste due to the presence of raw, and organic apples.
1. Only 5% acidity level
2. Very sweeter taste (good for a first time starter)
3. No presence of Genetically Modified Organisms.
4. 100% certified organic apples used
5. Kosher certified
6. No need to refrigerate
7. Rich in mother
8. Comes in glass bottles
9. Very affordable price range
1. No international shopping
2. Smell may not be strong enough for some consumers.
#4 Vermont Village Organic Apple Cider
Vermont village is another USA based producer of premium apple sauce, apple cider vinegar and apple butter, best known for treating your skin.
- Vermont village is well known for specializing in the production of small batches of apple cider vinegar, but at affordable prices.
- Will not only facilitate the weight loss process, but is quite known for treating the skin
1. Rich in mother.
2. Kosher free
3. Gluten free
4. No presence of Genetically Modified Organisms.
5. Comes in raw form and certified organic
6. Affordable price.
7. Improves skin tone and texture
1. Slippage prone packing
2. Comes in undiluted version. Hence, not good for the teeth. Highly advisable to wash off your mouth with water, after consumption.
#5 Napa valley Naturals Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Napa Valley Naturals is a family own business focused on certified organic products.
- While it has its own weight loss benefits, this ACV is extra beneficial when it comes to one’s health as it has many health benefits.
- Has very high amounts of nutrition rich amino acids and probiotic microbial aspects.
1. Only 5% acidity
2.Rich in mother
3. 100% unfiltered
4. Very pleasant taste
5. Comparably affordable price
6. Comes in relatively large sizes.
No certified kosher
while there are number of reliable brands of apple cider vinegar currently available in the market, for the purpose of facilitating weight loss, the choice of which to purchase, or which to continue or let go of for that matter, is entirely dependent on the consumers’ wishes and expectations.
While in general, all brands, facilitate the weight loss process, it up to the consumer to also consider the other factors such as other health benefits it offers.
The tastes as per your preferences and of course the affordability when it comes to price, to jot down a few. Depending on the same, I believe, you have the option is picking your preferred brand for weight loss.
Whichever it is, an important fact to note, is to ensure to dilute the apple cider vinegar with water (approximately with 8 ounces, as mentioned before), prior to consumption, to ensure that you negate the innate strongness present in acetic acid found in vinegar.
Also, make sure to use daily (3 times before meals), and ensure to check results frequently, for your own convenience.
Hope this helps, for you to mitigate all our common enemy, ‘the extra belly’. J
You may like the articles
What the best drink for weight loss? Here is our board explanation regarding drink concern. Nutritionist and personal trainer best
No solid food diet is extreme but if you can endure it within a week, you can lose about 20 pounds